The holiday season is soon to be in full swing, as evidence by not only fall/Thanksgiving decor but Christmas (yes… it’s mid-November and it’s happening). It can be difficult to find the time to prep yourself for a party let alone a little something for the host/hostess. Who has the time to get all Martha Stewart for each occasion when you’re spending your week ping-ponging from daycare to work to home for dinner/bedtime just to wash, rinse and repeat? That’s why I love having an easy go-to hostess gift. It takes the pressure off trying to come up with something inventive in an extremely compressed time frame. (Let’s be honest, half the time we think of bringing a hostess gift the day of the party!)
One of my favorite hostess gifts is kitchen towel wrapped wine for a number of reasons…
- Wine is a great gift
- Wine wrapped in cute kitchen towels is a greater gift
- Kitchen towel options are seemingly endless
- You can never have too many kitchen towels
- It’s SUPER EASY
The great thing about this as a hostess gift is you can find everything you need at a few stores and have all items on-hand in a go-to spot to throw it together quickly and easily. What you’ll need…
- Pick-up some cute kitchen towels whenever you pop into TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Tuesday Morning
- TJ Maxx/Marshalls/Tuesday Morning always have deals on cute kitchen towels
- Be sure to purchase some seasonal or holiday towels on sale after the season to have on-hand for next year
- If you have willpower, purchase some nice bottles of wine (or booze) ahead and have them ready to wrap
- For me this is a lofty goal, the wine always seems to disappear… funny how that happens!
- Purchase some twine, it literally goes with everything!
- No need to match colored ribbons, etc.
- Grab some tags that you can personalize with a note, stamp, etc.
- I used some manila pre-strung shipping/merchandising tags that I purchased from Staples
The steps are as easy as 1-2-3!
- Kitchen towels usually come in a pair, wrap the first towel around the base of the wine bottle you’ll be gifting
- Next unfold one side of the second towel, place the bottle of wine wrapped in the first towel along the edge, then fold the towel around the base of the bottle like you’re wrapping a present
- Roll it up and tie securely around the top with twine, finally top it off with a personalized tag
This gift is perfect for any time of year and occasion – from holiday parties to hosted gatherings, housewarmings, etc.
Super easy, wicked cute, and aimed to please! Cheers!